Hôtel Nicolaÿ

Historic site and monument Bourg-Saint-Andéol

This townhouse was built at the end of the 15th and the beginning of the16th century by the family Nicolaÿ.

This building illustrates the transition from the late Gothic style (Eastern front and the tower) to the Renaissance (double galery). The octagonal tower holds a beautiful spiral staircase. Two parts of the building have disapeared during the attacks from august 15 1944. The family became nationally famous in the 16th century when Jean II de Nicolaÿ became chancellor of the kingdom of Naples and later, in 1505 Prime President of the General Accounting Office in Paris. His successors occupied this office up to the Revolution in 1791.

Visit

Extérieurs visibles

Visit language(s) : GermanEnglishFrenchItalianDutch

Information boards : French

Address

Place Louis Pize
07700 Bourg-Saint-Andéol

locate on a map

GPS coordinates

DD (decimal graduation)

latitude : 44.37180800

longitude : 4.64669100

Open

Hôtel NicolaÿHôtel NicolaÿHôtel NicolaÿHôtel Nicolaÿ