To spend an unforgettable stay with a bivouac in the Ardèche Gorges, preparing is a must! Here is our checklist to know what to take so that you can leave lightheaded! Be careful, everything must fit in your backpack and/or in the container of the canoe. So, it is time to try a bit of minimalism…
To paddle, yomp or pedal in the Ardèche Gorges:
- Suitable shoes that you are not afraid to make wet: hiking shoes if you take the Historic trip downriver through the Ardèche Gorges, trainer shoes for the mountain-bike/canoe stays in the Ardèche Gorges.
- A hat or cap and sunglasses (with a cord for the canoe trip)
- Mosquito repellent
- Waterproof protection for your mobile phone if you want to keep it with you in the canoe
To sleep at the bivouac:
- A tent : you can bring it yourself (see the recommended sizes in the FAQ) or rent it when you book the bivouac.
- A sleeping bag or blanket
- A floor mat: there are not mattresses orcamp beds on the spot.
For both days:
- 1 liter of water per person (drinking water at the bivouac)
- 1 picnic per day
- Cereal bars and fruits for snacks
For the overnight at the bivouac:
- 1 meal for the evening (grills, pasta salad, rice salad, semolina…)Barbecue and charcoal available at the bivouac: do not forget your lighter and firelighters!
- Plates, cutlery and preferably washable or eco-responsible cups (do not forget a washing-up liquid, a sponge, and a bin bag) and paper towels.
- A gas stove and a small pan if you want to reheat your food or water in the morning
- A breakfast
- Drinks are offered at the bivouac: tea, coffee, and fruit juices at 2€ from 1stMay to 11th September (be careful, cash payment only, have spare change). Alcohol is forbidden in the nature reserve of the Ardèche Gorges.
For your comfort:
- Take a complete change of clothes and a jumper or fleece jacket for the evening at the bivouac
- Bring light shoes or flip-flops for the evening because your shoes for the day may highly be wet.
For the practical side:
- A torch or headlamp becausethe bivouacs are not lit at night
- A first aid kit with materials for minor injuries
- A toilet bag with toilet paper and your hygiene products.
For any other questions, you can look at the frequently asked questions !
And, above all, do not forget… to relax!