Our markets provide « terroir » experience, they are popular gathering places with great atmosphere for locals and visitors alike.
The markets in the Rhône valley: sparkling and tasty!
Strolling along the stalls, our senses come to life …… the sweet fragrances of lavender, olive oil and honey tickle your nostrils. Our eyes begin to sparkle while admiring fruit and vegetables grown under the southern sun.
Local produce brings quality and flavor to your table
Our farmers practice organic or integrated farming and offer a wide range of seasonal quality produce. They love sharing their passion and knowledge as well as great recipes!
Must have items of a 100% Ardèche gourmet basket … with Mediterranean touch
- green or black olive tapenade
- goat cheese with herbs or dried fruit
- chestnut cream
- chestnut honey
- local seasonal fruit and vegetables: strawberries, asparagus, cherries, peaches, apricots, apples, raisins …
- « caillette ardéchoise » (pork-and-greens meatball)
- and of course a bottle of Côtes du Rhône or Côtes du Vivarais!*
From Pont-Saint-Esprit to Viviers all year round!
– The Saturday market in Pont-Saint-Esprit is worth a visit. It stretches along Main Street close to the impressive historic center. Around cafés with their terraces, restaurants and bistros it’s highly pleasant to enjoy sun rays and a coffee with friends. Vegan products are getting quite trendy here.
– In the heart of the Champ de Mars Square in Bourg-Saint-Andéol stands the statue of the legendary Dona Vierna, benefactress of the town. Every Wednesday, she still seems to protect the town and to inspire energy and good humor to farmers and stallholders. During summer the market moves to the banks of the Rhone River for your convenient strolls.
– Former capital of the Vivarais region, Viviers hosts each Tuesday a Provence style market on the beautiful square Place de la Roubine. In a pleasant and intimate atmosphere, you stroll and peck and cherish the present moment.
Evening markets: Saint-Martin-d’Ardèche, Saint-Montan and Larnas
– Slowly the afternoon heat recedes, the air stays pleasantly warm and the markets change … it’s time for craft, fashion, gifts … and fiesta time!
- In Saint-Martin-d’Ardèche, every Friday in July and August, at 7 pm sharp, walk along the Pescadou Pier … Stroll and fall for fashion, gifts, crafts and local produce!
The peaceful village of Larnas comes to life during the summer season thanks to its night markets. From 6 pm to midnight, several evenings during the season: Kids riding a merry-go-round, grown-ups enjoying entertainment, local food and produce, craft and jewelry,
- Saint-Montan is one of the 20 villages of outstanding character in the Ardèche region.
During a week-end in August Saint-Montan organizes a vibrant and colorful African market.
African rhythms on bass drums and djembes, Reggae music … make us cheer up (activities for kids + African food)
*Alcohol abuse is dangerous for your health, drink with moderation
*L’abus d’alcool est dangereux pour la santé, à consommer avec modération